At the end of 2015, the updated „International Management Plan for the Elbe River Basin District“ (Part A) for the period 2016 – 2021 was published on the ICPER website .
The following important water management issues at international level have been established for updating the plan for the period 2016 – 2021:
- improving the surface water structure and passability (target areas for re-establishing ecological passability are shown in the map.)
- reduction of significant nutrient and pollutant loads
Updating the plan, following documents within the framework of the results of the Management Plan 2009 were used:
- recommendations for the maintenance of surface waters used for navigation in order to improve the hydromorphological conditions (published in 2013) with general recommendations and specific proposals as well as examples of implemented maintenance measures and projects under construction,
- proposals for good sediment management practice in the Elbe region – ICPER Sediment Management Concept (published in 2014) with recommendations for actions regarding hydromorphology, quality and navigationt (a summarised information on this publication in English is available here),
- recommendations in the field of water quantity management (see the Chapter 5.1 of the management plan).
The updated „International Management Plan for the Elbe River Basin District“ (Part A) for the period 2016 – 2021 is available on the website of the ICPER (only in German or Czech - circa 11 MB). In addition, the plan was published in printed version in February 2016.
A summarised informationen on the updated „International Management Plan for the Elbe River Basin District“ (Part A) for the period 2016 – 2021 gives you the Information Sheet No. 5 for the Water Framework Directive.